- Scan computer for trouble codes, has codes present as follows: P0420 – Catalyst Efficiency, Bank 1 P1797- Manual Shift Overheat P0456- EVAP System, Small Leak Problems diagnosed individually, Inspected and serviced as noted below.
- Likely exhaust leak that customer noted. Repaired as noted below.
- Found radiator extremely low, added water to cooling system and pressure check cooling system. Found leak at rear of engine at heater hose, clamp completely loose at connector, coolant leaking from hose. Re-clamp heater hose and retest system, no further leakage. Found faulty radiator cap, replaced cap assy. Refill system and road test vehicle, does not run over 200 degrees at any time.
- Perform visual inspection of EVAP system lines, connections, etc, no issues noted. Inspect fuel cap, sealing ring appears to be weathered/cracked, replaced fuel cap, and cleared code.
- Replace 02 sensor (downstream) at catalytic convertor.
- EXHAUST MANIFOLD &/OR GASKET – Remove & Replace – 3.8L Eng Rear
- Smog Certify
- Tow-In from Smogies
- R&R components as needed, replace faulty radiator assy, reassemble and refill with coolant. Replace radiator cap assy. Test system operation, thermostat and cooling fans operating correctly. Road test vehicle upon completion.
Charlie S. gave our service a 5 star review on 7/7/2022